Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deatils on the Berlin trip [thiiiiiis Friday :)]

:: IB NEWS :: IB News

Go down

Deatils on the Berlin trip [thiiiiiis Friday :)] Empty Deatils on the Berlin trip [thiiiiiis Friday :)]

Post  decemberflower Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey,

Jan M just asked me if I knew the meeting time for Friday and when I remembered that we don't even see Mr Freimann before Friday, I just emailed Verena.
This is what she wrote:

"Also hier erstmal was wir mitnehmen dürfen und so:

We’ll be expecting you as planned on June 19 at 11:00 a.m. at the embassy. Please come to the entrance on Behrenstrasse (directly across from the large Holocaust Memorial, you can’t miss it).

Please make sure that everybody brings a photo ID, as the names will be checked against the participant list at the entrance. Also, please be advised that all visitors to the embassy must pass through a security check (similar to those at the airport). It is highly recommended not to bring any sharp or metal objects (knives, scissors, lighters, etc.) as they will set off the metal detector. Cell phones are allowed but must be switched off during your entire stay in the building. Other electronic devices (MP3 players, blackberries, etc.) are not allowed.

You may bring soft drinks, but please be prepared that whoever brings something must take a sip from it at the security check-in, to show that there is no dangerous fluid in it.

Desweiteren der Zeitplan:

Abfahrt 7:09 mit dem ICE Richtung Berlin (fährt glaub ich von Gleis 9)

Ankunft in Berlin sollte nach Bahn um 9:25 sein.

Bevor wir von 11:00 bis 13:00 Uhr in derBotschaft verweilen werden, möchte Frau Dincklage sich die Freedom Bell im Tiergarten und das Haus der Kulturen der Welt angucken, dazu weiß ich allerdings auch noch nichts näheres.

Nach dem Besuch der Botschaft ist noch ein kurzer Abstecher zum Checkpoint Charlie geplannt.

Ab 15:00 Uhr haben wir dann Freizeit, auf Wunsch organisiert Frau Dincklage auch irgendwas.

Rückfahrt wird um 19:25 Uhr Berlin Hbf sein.

Ankunft in Göttingen etwa 21:53.

Achso hier noch das Gesprächsthema für die Botschaft (wäre gut, wenn ihr euch auch schon mal ein paar Gedanken dazu macht)

The class agreed that the main topic should be the political relations of the United States to European countries and Russia. Furthermore the class is interested in how far these political relationships are connected with military changes and also job perspectives for foreigners in the United States. If there is enough time the students would appreciate to get some insight into Americans self-perception. "

decemberflower
1 star
1 star

Back to top Go down

Deatils on the Berlin trip [thiiiiiis Friday :)] Empty Re: Deatils on the Berlin trip [thiiiiiis Friday :)]

Post  decemberflower Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:06 pm

so some of y'all asked about a meeting time... i wasn't told anything, but i guess in order to catch the train everyone should be there in time Wink.
how about 6.50 or so in front of burger king? then we'll have enough time to buy coffee and find the right track

decemberflower
1 star
1 star

Back to top Go down